And the hits just keep on comin'Tom Cruise as Lt. Daniel Kaffee in A Few Good Men
Judging by my recent neglect of this blog, you might think nothing at all has been happening in my life, when in fact quite the opposite is true. I haven't written anything on here for lo these many weeks simply because I didn't know where to start. I still don't, really.
But for now, I would like to at least list the recent changes that have occurred:
1. Mr. B, an elderly gentleman whom I used to watch (I always referred to it as "mansitting") while his wife went to her grandkids' basketball games and such, passed away in late February.
2. Alice, the 90-year-old former librarian whom I had been caring for 3-4 days a week for nearly a year, died April 21. Her death, in particular, left a jagged, gaping hole in my life.
3. My sister-in-law, Pam, spent eight days here earlier this month helping, cajoling, cheering and threatening me into dealing with my embarrassing and at the time seemingly hopeless clutter problem.
4. My mom's twin brother, Uncle Jack, and the only remaining relative on that side of the family that I give a shit about, died in a nursing home on May 16.
I plan to write more soon about each of the above, but I had to get something down now to break the long silence. Lately, I have felt once more like a deer caught in the single, blinding headlight of a steam locomotive - transfixed, powerless to move as the crushing weight of time and circumstance bears inexorably down on me. To hell with jumping off the tracks. I think it's time to derail that fucking train.
TATER!
3 comments:
Hope all is well for you now Vic, sure have had your share of down's. But as I always say "it could always be worse." (thats what I get by on anyway)
Thanks so much, Blew. I hear ya about things being worse. Over the last year or so, I have tried to focus more on counting my blessings rather than concentrating on all of the bad stuff. It does help!
Wow V, so sorry for your losses-that's one though spring.
Here's my favorite--'That which doesn't kill ya, just makes you stronger'...
Post a Comment