
HI, FOLKS!
Well, it was quite an adventure getting here, but I am finally moved into my new apartment and am back online as of this afternoon. Due to circumstances way beyond my control, I was forced to wait an extra day before making the drive up, which did not make me a very happy camper.
And despite my best efforts (including two rummage sales) to purge my earthly belongings, it still took two U-Hauls to get me and my 5 tons of stuff to Ashland. But strangely enough, as it turned out, I had an Episcopal priest driving each of the moving trucks. Plus, when we got here after a grueling 7-hour trip, total strangers from my new church (including my new parish priest's son and two vestry members) helped us unload everything.
When she heard about my two heavenly roadies, my new boss seemed fairly nonplussed. Then I really freaked her out by telling her that God sent me here. And do you know what the real kicker is...? After everything I've been through to get to this point in my life, I truly believe that. So don't mess with me, St. Stan or Mother Madame Superior. LOL Will write more soon. Take care everyone.
PS. And yes that is an actual photo of the first 14-foot truck being backed up to my front door last Monday afternoon.
35 comments:
Let us pray!
Victoria has made it to the great white north.
AMEN!
She did it before it snowed.
AMEN!
She did it before the elctions.
AMEN!
Let us rejoice and give thanks for a safe move and that the fruits of (her) labors be bountiful and that Ashland will grow with the involvement of (her) endevours.
We ask this and we ask that forever and ever and all of that other stuff.................
AMEN!
Go in peace.
Congradulations Vic!!!!! you made it. I don't see any snow on the ground so your good to go. I wish tons of luck on your new home and new job. For everything there is a reason and a season. You go girl!!1 This is your season.
HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXXXXOOOXOXO!!!!
(GROUP HUG!!!!!)
Vicky's moved into her new pad,
I'm so excited, I'm so excited!!!
(opps!)
Clean up in aisle three!!!!!!
Maybe she'll invite us up for some smore's and diet rite cola's.
Is that 801 or 804 on the front of the house? I wood not want to knock on the wrong door in case I were to make a surprise visit!!!
I can't believe the leaves on the tree's haven't changed colors yet?
Aren't you so many miles from the artic circle????
OH LOOK AT THE TIME!
Buster's in Streator is having a all you can eat spaghetti and garlic bread and its almost 10:30!
Chow everybody!
This news item just in.......
A young Bull Moose has been sited in Ashland near Wally World and also by Northland College.
Soon after the moose sighting a small squirrel named Rocket J. could be seen near by.
It appears that moose and squirrel
were looking for the where abouts
of Boris Badenov, Natasha Fatale,
Mr. Big and Fearless Leader.
Thank you to The Daily Press for this news item. For more coverage,
watch for film at 11.
Chick Watkins here!
Lets listen to
a. Songs To Thee Wisconsin.
b. If You Want To Be A Badger.
c. Wisconsin Proud. Ed J. Lemberger
d. The Wisconsin Waltz.
Gary Kuchenbecker's Old Lager
Orchestra Of Tigerton
Damn I feel like having me a brandy
and a bratwurst.
Is it cold or am I standing to close to the window?
By the way, Happy Cabbage Patch Kids Day.
See V it wasn't that bad! You made it all in one piece lol. Congratulations on your new career as editor. Ashland does not know how lucky they are!!
Congrats V! Two trucks??? WOW! That's a lot of crap--I hate moving.
Hope everything with the new pad and job goes your way!!!
I've got my new video posted on
you tube, please join me at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=FCS5C3UkmMI
If you have fried pig skin snack food, have a few before you watch!
I hope to see you all soon.
Lol-Stan. How's those fried pork rinds?
HI VICKY!!!!!!
XOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXX!!!!!
Have you seen The Moose & Squirell?
Is it really Bullwinkle??
They will have to rename the college "Whats-a-Matta U"!!!!
Whats a matta, whats a matta,
whats a matta U, goooooo TEAM!
Have you run into Duddley Do Right
up there on the frozen tundra?
I just love that TV show and his buddy Super Chicken & George Of The Jungle....WATCH OUT 4 THAT TREEEEEEEEEEE! (oooo!)
Keep us up 2 date on the moose and whether or not it graduates this semister!
Gotta Go!
CHOW!!!!!!
AND!!!!
Mr. White!!!!
I used to like pork rind....
YOU BASTARD!!!!
Our Lady Of The Lake School?
Do they have a penguin?
Is there a mission from God I AM
not aware of?
Where did they get that money/check from??
So many questions, so little time!
I'm glad to see your still alive
as you have changed the picture
from the Ashland Harbor to Fred's
farm house with the smiling pumpkin
and the happy halloween greetings.
But just so that we all know you
ARE alive and well, just offer us
a sentence, a mutter or grunt, that way we know the residence of Ashland have not tied you up and
hid you away in the woods.
We will not except the excuse that you are "too busy" and that your not getting enough sleep as you are the "night editor".
I know you got at least a story or two on life up in the great white north!
p.s. Being kidnapped by a tribe of wild Indians will be excepted if
no other excuse can be reasonably
"made up".
Trick or Treat How's it going V, all good? You liking your new do?
Haben sie etwas catsup?
Why I oughta...
Unnnhhhh!
OK, Stan. There ya have it. A sentence, mutter AND grunt! LOL
Ughhh!
(back at you!)
Your new picture is reminding me of my LSD days.
Man would landscape be perfect.
I'm starting to melt just looking at the colors and the pumpkin on the roof of the barn.
They have some ketchup?
First of all, I have not written anything at the paper yet other than a few headlines and photo captions. Secondly, altho I placed the submitted photo of the theater marquee on the page, it was my boss, the managing editor, who selected it for use. I agree, it was a hoot.
So ya want stories, do ya? Gawd, there are way too many already!
Lemme see...
On my first morning here we couldn't find any bowls so we (Father H., his wife and I) all ate our cereal from different shaped Tupperware containers. Mine was a small rectangular oval, Father H's was a square and Barbara's was at least round.
The next night we were going to eat a casserole and I was so excited because (since I had spent most of the day unpacking the kitchen stuff) I knew where the bowls were.
So Father H. is standing next to me as I hurriedly go to open the kitchen cabinet door to get the bowls down and the door swings open and hits him right in the head! Oh dear!!
He's pretty tall and the cabinet doors are held shut by a magnet, so when you pull on it and break the magnetic seal, they swing open kinda fast.
I, of course, was mortified and had never even dreamed that something like that could happen. I was just so glad I knew where the damn bowls were that it never occurred to me I could do bodily harm to someone standing in my general vicinity. LOL
Well, as always, Father H. took it in stride, passing it off as "the gentlest of taps." (It really didn't hit him that hard, but I still felt terrible.) His name would be put forth as a candidate for beatification, if I had any say in the matter. ;-)
Did you have Corn Flakes or
Captain Crunch or Special K?
Abusing a priest?
Good for you!
Its about time the worm turned!
What type of casserole?
Don't even try to tell me tuna!
Hey......
ya know what?
IT WAS GOOD JUST TO HEAR FROM YOU
no matter WTF is going on.
I'm just glad the navajo indians didn't kidnap you and bury you alive in the woods at Perch Lake.
So what a good catholic girl doing with an Episcopalian couple?
Don't answer that!
Never mind!!!!!
Thanks for your concern, Stan.
Special K (tee-hee) is one of my favorite substances to ingest. Father H. had Rice Krispies and Apple Jacks mixed together.
I have been an Episcopalian since 2000 when I was received into the church at Trinity in Mineral Point by Bishop White. He was a cool dude originally from the north of England who was Bishop of Milwaukee at the time.
The liturgy is very similar to the Catholic faith I grew up with, so I felt "at home" immediately in that sense. But what I really like about being an Episcopalian is the intellectual freedom it affords. You don't have a set of rote beliefs or outdated precepts spoon-fed to you or, in some nstances, rammed down your throat. You may and are actually encouraged to do your own thinking about your beliefs. I always felt with Catholicism it was pretty much "my way or the highway"-type thinking.
I sincerely hope that I haven't offended anyone (I know many of you are indeed Catholic), but that is truly how I feel. And this is MY blog, after all. LOL
I will have to post the text of my farewell address at Trinity on here. That explains how I became an Episcopalian quite nicely. ;-)
Good for you V, I too was raised Catholic and never really bought into the "if you sin you will go to hell and burn" shit. Those freaking old worn out frustrated old nuns where nuts. They really got off on scaring the crap out of you. I remember once I took my girlfriend to church with me one Sunday she of course was Nazaren. She could hardly believe what was said on that alter. It was in the mid 60's. Needless to say, it really made me wonder then and there what exactly the church wanted from us. Money! They could have cared less if we sinned, it was all about filling the basket. Don't even get me started on those stupid envelopes.
Hey, Blew!
Yeah, I will never forget how St. Columba sent out a letter to everyone in the parish listing the amounts given to the church that year by each family. It read something like this:
Dr. Bardgett, $5,000
Dr. Bettasso, $10,000
Ed Ross, $52
I was in 7th grade and I remember thinking how mean and un-Christianlike it was to publicly humiliate the poorer parishioners like that. And that's just one of many examples of the types of things that caused me to turn away from the church for so long.
Ditto V, you all knew who the teachers pet was by how much mommie and daddy gave on Sunday. I hated that school, unfortunetly MHS also followed in that track. To this day it is who is who, and not everybody is the same. I never had the balls to investigate other religions due to the brainwashing and feeling of guilt that they bestowed on me as a small child. Both my husband and I went to St Columba, needless to say to this day we do not practice are faith. Right wrong or otherwise we shall find out in the end. I think I'am ok, as long as I don't kill anybody. Heaven here I come lol.
How is your new job doing? U like it?
I too walked away from St. Columba
due to money. I never understood
how that had anything to do with
heaven and hell and the church
coffers.
Time moves on and ten years later
I (by fate) did go to St. Patrick's
for a holiday mass, and keep going back. I was AMAZED how (Creager)
NEVER talked about money (except)
twice a year. At SCC it was WEEKLY!
Halfacre talks about it twice a year. It must not be in the same manual at SPC vs. SCC.
I'm glad you are happy in your new faith. I will not go into how you should go by the book vs. altering
your religon to fit your lifestyle
or circumstance. I'm just happy for all involved!! (XOXOOXOXO!)
During the 60's, 70's and 80's
there was injustice done as far as
money and social status and education and the saving of souls.
This is humorous because on
Bob Dylan's (new) radio today, its about the subject of MONEY.
Some chick called in saying
"Money Can Buy You Love", this woman named Carole has been the butt of his jokes all day.
Yes Virginia....(money) "Can't Buy Me Love."
radio show on XM
(Chick does not like XM)
All quiet on the northern front.
Frost Advisory this morning.
Here Vic, have a bat on me lol..
Nice touch V, Stan will love it lol.
Yup, always happy to oblige, Blew. LOL
Well, I made it through Hell Week at work and now have a much better handle on things. Whew! It was not a pretty sight. Tuesday's Page One ended up being black and white because I couldn't get the damn thing to go through in color. :-( Not to mention the fact that I didn't get home until 3 a.m. that night!
Nice Halloween touch!
I've yet to see a "spongebob"
character pumpkin, I guess Squids nose would take up the whole front of the pumpkin.
12 more nights and then its Halloween and Day Of The Dead weekend!!!!!
Since All Saints Day falls on a Saturday will it be in conjuction
with All Souls Day on Sunday or will the church make us go to Mass
Saturday & Sunday and...NO! 4:30pm Mass on Saturday does NOT take care of both days!!!!!
Saturday & Sunday night, chance of
snow showers!!!
V!!!!! You have to revisit the Times! Ding dong the witch is gone!
At least Vicky still has our avator's at her site.
I miss them at Madame's site.
Post a Comment