Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weener Howlin'


Happy Hallowe'en to one and all!

For some strange reason, I have always invented my own words for things. When I was a kid, apparently I used to call cowboys on horses "moo-cows on hoe-dih-dee-dahs". And according to reliable accounts, in my bizarre parlance, Halloween was known as "weener howling". LOL I have no idea why.

Anyway, it's getting horrifyingly close to my favorite holiday of the year and I just wanted to take this opportunity to post another kewl pic and wish you all a very spooktacular All Hallow's Eve and/or Samhain. ;-)

I must say, a big part of the reason I am up so late tonight is that I am stoked over my most excellent performance at work. ;-) I sent the proof for Page One at 10:15 p.m., which Carole, the typist/proofreader for the evening, promptly declared a new record. I am not sure if she meant overall or just for me. It definitely was the latter! LOL I am really feeling comfortable and confident at work now and it's so awesome.

I have Halloween night off and plan to do something fun, despite having to (regrettably) "hide" from the trick-or-treaters because in my present circumstances, I can't afford to hand out candy to several hundred costumed youngsters, which is what I was told to expect here on Chapple Avenue. Apparently, my new street is a hotbed of Halloween activity.

I have been listening to some wonderful music tonight, especially "30th Star" by the amazing Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua, headquartered in nearby Washburn. This original musical production, written by the talented Warren Nelson for the state sesquicentennial in 1998 (the year I moved to Madison, as it happens), recounts the fascinating story of Wisconsin's history accompanied by vintage photographs and meaningful lyrics. I love this stuff! I was actually present at the Civic Center in Madtown for the live recording of this show on Oct. 23, 1998. My friend, Claire, swears she can hear me hootin' and hollerin' in the background when she plays the CD. LOL

It's now nearly 3:30 a.m., even though my PC keeps telling me it is only 2:28, thanks to W and his idjit advisors, who decided to fuck with Daylight Savings Time. You all better vote for Obama ... if only to keep McSell-out and his she-devil outta there. 'Nuff said.

Nighty-night.


PS. ... There is a page, it's still unwritten. Why can't you find ... time in your busy schedule ... to pick up, for God's sake, when we call you back to the lake?

Guided by Voices live, from Universal Truths and Cycles


I fucking did and I am so glad!



PPS. A truly ghoulish thank-you to The Young Flyer for providing the boo-tee-ful image of her family's Halloween castle made from gingerbread. Sistah, you rawk!

5 comments:

Santa Muerte said...

SHE DEVIL?
SHE DEVIL!?
NOT MY BOO-BOO!!
You leave her alone.
We're gonna watch Russia from her bedroom tonight!

theyoungflyer said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Awesome post! And thanks for using the photo!!!

Watch out for those zombies! ; )

theyoungflyer said...

Make no mistake
We will call you back to the lake

Santa Muerte said...

If you need any information for 2012 let me know, and with my calculations its 09-10-2012 not
12-21-2012 as you have to take out or add in the leap year days leftover from the calander change from a certain Pope.
Happy Samhain Day and a three day
weekend of Day Of The Dead!
(which in Mexico is celebrated Novemeber 1st and 2nd)

Moonheartgirl said...

You are so very welcome, GF! Heard you are 'puterless at the moment. Bummer! Hope the younguns had a profitable evening of trick-or-treating! ;-) Talk soon then.