
Alright, this beats everything! Tonight at the paper (yes, I had to work another freakin' Friday, folks!) I was standing by the back door outside the pressroom and I looked up at the outside light and saw what looked like snow flurries. I thought, WTF? Surely not.
Now it had been raining off and on all day and it was noticeably chilly when I stepped out on my back porch to leave for work. However, I still couldn't believe my eyes. After all, it's August, y'all!!
But the more I watched it come down, the more it looked like snow. It was floating down and very tiny. Not coming down hard and fast like sleet either.
Then I saw a couple of the press dudes coming and asked them to take a look. Both area natives, they immediately said it was definitely lake-effect snow. Granted, it didn't hang around long and, of course, nothing stuck to the ground, but, dammit, it is WAY too early for this shite! LOL
Addendum: I neglected to mention that as I was watching the 5 p.m. news (on my VCR) on NBC, the weatherman said the conditions were perfect for lake-effect snow, but then he went on to say that it was probably too warm and after all, this was August, etc. LOL I did a double take and rewound the tape because I couldn't believe my ears. Too bizarre! Sure makes ya wonder what that nasty beeyotch Mother Nature has in store for us this winter here in the northland. ;-)
4 comments:
That picture looks like
"OLD MAN WINTER" on acid!
OH MY!
I'm first!!!
My birthday is 09-15.
I AM still within the octive and
final celebration will be today.
Old Man Winter doesn't need any acid, Miss Evy. He is freaky enuff!
Hope you had a nice bday celebration, Stan!! I am another year closer to the big 5-0.
I celebrated the whole week, now
its back to the same O same Oh.
I drove out into the country this
weekend and the Soy Beans have turned color.
All of the hoi polloi have left
Heritage Harbor and are heading south to Florida.
Its a good thing Mayor Bob took
that nasty Jordan block off of the
hands of Heimey for a cool
$1,200,000.
Mayor Bob has been doing funny thangs lately.
Post a Comment