Monday, April 26, 2010

A well deserved vacation


I am about to embark on my first vacation since moving here 17 months ago. :-) I am heading down to Mineral Point to see the Big Top Chautauqua peeps perform their "Moon Songs and Moon Shadows" show for the grand reopening of the newly restored MP Opera House. I'll be hanging out there for several days and visiting some friends. I am so excited! I haven't been any farther than Iron River (28 miles away) since moving to Ashland, so it's going to be nice getting the heck outta here for awhile.

I'll see ya when I see ya.

3 comments:

Santa Muerte said...

I can hear "Vacation" by Lindsey
Buckingham playing in the background and Emma Jean Coca is strapped on the roof of the car
as Vicky heads down highway 13.
She'll know she's hit civilization
when Marshfield comes into view.
Or maybe she's taking Route 2 and
human beings can be seen just north of Wausau, but instead takes a left
and stops for a beer in Rhinelander. Yeah! Hey!
Thats good beer ya got there shop keeper!!!!
Pick me up a 12 pack when you get to Stevens Point, YEP! you know what kind of beer I'm looking for
there Squidwerd.
As Vicky gets near Madison she gets pissed off at all of the people and heads back north to the tundra. As she turns around she notices its over 52 degrees and decides to put up with the humanity and venture south to visit her FIB. (Friendly IL Buddy)
THATS NOT WHAT IT MEANS!!!!!!!
Vicky is pulled over by an IL State
Policeman who is wondering why there is an elderly woman tied to the roof of her car??
Vicky offers the trooper a can of Point Beer and is thrown in prision forced to watch Chicago Cub games for 30 days.
She pulls into Rockford to visit her long lost friend put finds out that she ran off with a midget in the carnival. Realizing she is only a hour away from Ottawa she
decides to stop into Muffy's and say hello to the gang back in Ottawa.
(2 B Continued?)

Moonheartgirl said...

I told you once, Senor Muerte: Get outta my head!! ROFLMAO!!! Some of that (and I'm not going to tell you which parts) is pretty damn accurate, buddy. I knew that whole Google Earth thing was a bad idea. How did you know I have a friend in Rockford? ;-)

Santa Muerte said...

Only a guess about Rockford.
Don't FORGET the POINT beer!!!
Or.....is there something better
in Rhinelander?
Watch out for Bullwinkle until you
get south enough then you can watch out for Bambi.
AND!......I do not use Google Earth.
Rand McNally, thank you.
I don't know how to use that google stuff but I need my reading glasses when I use the atlas.
Another case of too old for one thing and need help to use the other.
I have a question.
Is Beloit REALLY in Wisconsin?
I'll bet money that years ago they
bribed some map maker and drew that line a sliver south so that they weren't considered FIB's.