Sunday, August 24, 2008

All signs point north!


Sunset over Lake Superior in Ashland, WI - Summer 2002


NOTICE of INTENT to VACATE said PREMISES:


All concerned parties having now been duly informed, this is an official announcement: As of Aug. 22, I am the new night editor at The Daily Press in Ashland, WI! Woooo-hooooooo! (pinches self) When do I assume my new duties, you ask? ASAP! We agreed it would be no later than Oct. 1. If I get the apartment I want, I am looking at a mid-September move date (checks pulse) and a nervous breakdown sometime in the next two weeks. ;-)
I truly believe this whole thing was meant to be (for reasons I will delve into in a later post) and that somehow I have been preparing for this major leap of faith for quite some time, perhaps without even really being aware of it. I have wanted to move up there since I first visited friends in the area in 1999, and I have made many memorable trips back there over the last nine years. Ashland is right on Lake Superior and not far from Bayfield and the Apostle Islands.


Bloody hell! Having computer problems.... will post more soon!!

14 comments:

Blew Bayou said...

This is the bestest news I have heard in a long time!!YOU GO GIRL!!

CHICK WATKINS said...

(winks and points finger at you)

Santa Muerte said...

I want a picture posted of that same location when there is 90 feet of snow and the lake is frozen
and spring won't return until
mid May.
Other than that....Happy, Happy!
Joy! Joy!

Moonheartgirl said...

Thanks, Blew. At this point, I am still trying to process everything. As I look around at all of the stuff sitting here in my current apartment, my stomach twists in a knot when I think about what it's going to take (the money, the hard work, the stress, etc.) to get myself out of here at all, let alone by mid-September. Sigh.
However, I am very determined, I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing at this juncture in my life, and nothing is going to stand in my way, dammit. So there! LOL


'Sup, Chickie Baby? You duh man!

Blew Bayou said...

It will all play out for you V, it has too. I love change, it challenges me and improves my outlook in general. Its like moving the livingroom furniture around lol.

Miss Evy said...

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!
XOXOOXOOXOXOOXOXOOXXXXX!!!
(GROUP HUG!!!)
Oh Vicky, I know what stress means
honey, and when you think your gonna stress out, its time
for a...........
Toga!
TOga!!
TOGa!!!
TOGA!!!!
TOGA party!!!!!
TOGA Party!!!!!!
TOGA PArty!!!!!!!
TOGA PARty!!!!!!!!
TOGA PARTy!!!!!!!!!
TOGA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!
Then when your all f'ed up and hung over and 2 days behind schedule......thats when you can REALLY start stressin'!!!
(just a thought)
Way to go Vicky!!
I'm still proud of you and Stan says thanks for the picture of
Ice Road Truckers!!!
I'm off to Mr. J's for a couple of Gyro's. When you get a chance send us a picture of the Saint Paul and Saint Peter Islands.
CHOW FOR NOW!!!

Moonheartgirl said...

Stan,
I dood it! And I will look for a pic of Ashland buried under snow for ya. Meanwhile, the one I selected seemed to get the point across. LOL

PS. We got more snow here in Mineral Point (yup, that's where I live right now) last winter than they did up in Bayfield and Ashland. LOL


Dear Blew,
Thanks again for your support. I agree that change is ultimately a very positive experience but, boy, it sure can be tough while you're actually going through it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Santa Muerte said...

Santa Muerte is slowly working her
bad magic in Ottawa.
I for one am tired of "Dancing With Myself" so I have stopped dancing.

Blew Bayou said...

You ok Stan? That doesn't sound like you.

Santa Muerte said...

OMG....Blew!
Your alive!!
I'm so happy!!!
I actually thought everyone had died and got carded off to Dachau!
(heraus laut lachen!)

Blew Bayou said...

I'm alive, I'm alive So so busy Stan, about ready to slice my own throat. Can't wait till winter. Things will slow down then.

Santa Muerte said...

Slice?
Can I watch?

CHICK WATKINS said...

Don't you love packing?
How's about a nice root canal right about now?
Yes, packing is an art!
Unpacking is a skill, I prefer to live out of boxes, down by the canal or under the railroad bridge.
Pack up all of your troubles, put on a happy face!
I feel a song coming on....
(winks and points finger at you)