Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


This time of year always reminds me of that infamous episode of WKRP where they tossed live turkeys out of a plane over Cincinnati. Les Nessman's Hindenburg disaster-style commentary was priceless, but the most memorable line came from Mr. Carlson. When the doomed turkeys began hitting the sidewalk "like wet bags of cement," a horrified Carlson swore, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

They don't make 'em like that anymore, folks. And what really sucks is if you happen to catch reruns of this show now (or even if you buy it on DVD, I hear), the original soundtrack music is gone, replaced by lame-ass copycat tunes or second-rate garbage that Dr. Fever would never have played. And all because some greedy suits won't release the rights to the music without getting paid some exorbitant fee. Stick it to the man, baby!


I was done with the paper tonight by 10:30, which totally ruled! My priorities have been made abundantly clear to me and I am on a mission to get the paper out on time at all cost. From here on out, I am a deadline-seeking missile. Let nothing stand in my way! Devil take the hindmost ... as well as proper grammar and punctuation. LMAO!


5 comments:

Santa Muerte said...

Yesterday was turkey day in Cincinnati. They still do something
(I'm not sure what) in remembrance
of the episode. Spike O'Dell on
WGN radio mentioned it yesterday morning. Jay LeSeure once in a while plays the audio clip.
Yesterday you asked who is Karen
on Madames site......
Karen Halm.

Santa Muerte said...

Jay is morning man in Ottawa
on WCMY.

Moonheartgirl said...

OK, thanks, Stanta! ;-)

Have you got your list and are you checking it twice? Let me know if you need any help figuring out who's naughty or nice. Hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Karen Rohdes Stan not Halm.

Anonymous said...

Vic I hope you have a great Thanksgiving even if you have to work. We are thinking of you.