
Well, we were all witnesses tonight to history being made. I just happened to have a front row seat. ;-) It was a very long and stressful night at the paper and I didn't get outta there until almost 1:30 a.m., but it was so worth it. Everyone did such a great job and the final product is something I was proud of. That front page, with its huge 72-point headline -- "History is made" -- is apparently destined for framing and (I've been told) will soon grace the walls of The Daily Press.
I was so wired by the time the jump page came through the rip that there was no way I was going right to bed. Came home, made a drink and watched the hour-long, live, election night special with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Ahhhh, the perfect way to end my wild night.
Good night, America, and good luck!
11 comments:
Harumph! I am feeling somewhat snubbed that nobody has commented on here since the election. Now I know you couldn't all have been McCain supporters... ;-)
Well, I made it through another week at the Press and I must admit I am digging the whole "let's get the paper out" scene. LOL
It's a really neat feeling to see the front page I created (not to mention most of the other inside pages!) on sale at the various businesses I patronize. It was ever thus -- in one form or another -- at the other papers where I have worked, but it's always a very ephemeral sort of personal satisfaction because the thing is... you have to get up and do it all over again the next day. LOL
HOLY SHIT!
Your going to bed when I'm (almost) getting up in the morning!
The news business is just like baseball, your only as good as your last at bat. Keep swinging Vicky!
The newspaper business is like being a porn star, you have to build it up than you shot your wad than you have to start all over again......"its a living".
I've downloaded: Teenage FBI.
Any other kick ass songs by Bob?
UTube has a good "live" one.
Only about 999 more songs to go stan, LOL.
A new fan? Good job Jane.
Dear Stan,
Check out my YouTube site:
www.youtube.com/user/Moonheartgirl
I have three videos from GbV's final concert that I uploaded and links to other vids in my favorites list. If you are serious about getting into Bob and the boys, I would highly recommend the albums, "Bee Thousand," "Under the Bushes, Under the Stars" and "Alien Lanes."
PS. Are ya still bein' followed by the Teenage FBI? Someone tell me why...
OH MY PINK!
The Beatles don't even have that many! So far I've been listening to songs off Collapse, produced by
The Car's dude. Reading the history of this morning it appears that might not be their best work as The Car's dude over-produced it.
I still like the live version of it on U-Tube the best. They appeared on some TV show.
Did Bob quit smoking or does he enjoy the drink? (weight issue)
What crazy stories do you have on the queen of death?
She was or still is a odd character
to say the least, at least in my case (was) as I haven't seen her
in 25-30 years, thank goodness.
You used to work at The King's drive through?
Why is it we all have fast food jobs on our resamay?
Downloaded "Hold On Hope", the weekends are best for downloading as everyone is on line, weekdays
and nights are a little slow.
Hey everybody I thought the Hulse thing was a set up for what ever reason. Thats why i didn't bite on it. That guy was trying to get someone to say alot nasty stuff. I thought it was kinda wierd. If he really wanted to know I doubt he would have to ask us.
Bob still smokes and drinks......
Not sure why your asking about the smoking thing??
Bobs pretty fit actually, his clothes at times onstage, make him look huge, but he isn't, as Moon can also tell you.
Are you hooked yet? Are you hearing songs in your head when they aren't playing?? LOL.
Have you watched the My Valuable Hunting Knife video yet?
Moon, I didn't comment after the election cause I couldn't get this fu#@%$* thing to work and gave up for a long while......sorry.
I think John shot himself in the foot picking Palin, or it would of been closer IMO.
Post a Comment