Thursday, May 7, 2009

Awesome Ashland!

The famous Soo Line oredock at sunset.


Downtown Ashland's lumberjack mural honoring the region's logging era. It's painted on the side of an actual J.C. Penney store, too. Timberrrrrr!


Ashland's Main Street and Bay Theater at night.


An oreboat chugs into Ashland.


Chequamegon (pronounced Sha-wah-muh-gun, by the way) Bay at Ashland.

5 comments:

theyoungflyer said...

Awesome photos, beautiful!

Moonheartgirl said...

Hey there, Young Flyer!
'Sup? Glad you liked the pix. You and the fam will be seeing the sights here in person in a few short months. I am looking forward to your visit. :-)

theyoungflyer said...

hey JoTW
we are lookin forward to visting your neck of the woods and seeing you, too! : )

smallfish said...

Did you take those photos, Candee? They're really nice.

Moonheartgirl said...

Hi, Karen!
Nope, I wish I could take credit for them, but I found them on the 'Net. I need to get a battery and film for my camera before I can get out there and capture the local flora and fauna for myself.
See you soon!

PS. Booooooooo!

;-)