Monday, November 29, 2010

Our first snow of the season


I recently purchased my first digital camera so I now have the luxury of snapping useless photos around the house. ;-) I took a few shots out my back door on Nov. 23, the day of our first significant snowfall here in Ashland, Wis. The above pic is looking toward the neighbor's garage and yard.

The camera is a Nikon CoolPix L22 and I have been quite pleased with it so far. I bought it at a local Radio Shack franchise (Omer Nelson) and got an awesome deal as it came with four pkgs. of batteries and a 4GB memory card. I had been wanting one for quite some time and I was going to a concert in Chicago so I thought it was a good time to splurge for one.

BTW: Yes, I know I do need to put some kind of finish to the story about my trip to Madeline Island earlier this summer. I actually have a draft post I have been working on and I will try to post that soon.

PS. The photo currently on my blog header is another view out my back door on the same day.

5 comments:

Santa Muerte said...

Its going to be 47 here today but
the future don't look good.
Old man winter will be coming to
town late Tuesday as temps will fall like the Cubs in the National Central standings.
All of the Xmas deco is up at the
Bunker and I have a warm fire in the fire place so when Santa shows up he'll get a HOT FOOT and the reindeer will be MINE!
I have this chili recipe I've been dying to try : )

Moonheartgirl said...

Glad your bunker is all set for the coming winter blast. I've already resigned myself to five months of tundra and am ever thankful that my heat is included in my rent. LOL

Santa Muerte said...

16 shopping days until Christmas!
I (thought) I was ready but that got shot to hell, oh well. (take 2)
Where in the hell has "It A Wonderful Life" been?
Colder than shit here in O town
I can only imagine what its like up there.
Have you been keeping up with that
Ransom couple and the auto accident. He's dead, she's missing.
This is either one fucking MYSTERY
or the cops are screwing this up so bad its embarrassing.

Moonheartgirl said...

Stan,
Have some inside scoop on the Ransom mystery. Send me your e-mail and I'll fill you in. Hope you are ready for Christmas because it's right around the corner!

Santa Muerte said...

everett.towers@yahoo.com