Thursday, November 14, 2013

Get crackin', Mr. Mayor, and just resign already!


The limited edition Mayor Rob Ford bobblehead bong!

For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks, Toronto has a looney-tunes mayor named Rob Ford who has been making quite a name for himself while embarrassing his city at the same time. Following repeated denials stretching back to May, he finally admitted last week that he has smoked crack cocaine (once, he says) after police obtained a video of him hitting a crack pipe. Ford's lame explanation was that he did it while in "a drunken stupor", as if that somehow excused his bad behavior. 

In August, His Dishonor told reporters after delivering a speech at a fitness center (I can't imagine what Chris Farley-lookalike Ford was doing there!) that he has "smoked a lot" of pot and new allegations have arisen during the ongoing police investigation that he has bought illegal drugs in the past two years. (See excerpt from CNN story below.)
Despite the admissions of drug use and all of his other shenanigans, which have included being "hammered" at a street festival in August and "out of control" drunk at city hall during St Patrick's Day celebrations last year, Ford remains defiant and has refused to resign. 
A few days after he admitted smoking crack, a three-minute video surfaced on the Internet showing Ford, 44, stumbling around someone's dining room, ranting and raving in an incoherent manner, wildly gesticulating and threatening to kill someone at the top of his voice. You must see this to believe it! LOL
Then yesterday the Toronto City Council tried to force him to take a leave of absence to get some help. That didn't work either...

From CNN:

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admitted during a heated City Council debate Wednesday that he had bought illegal drugs in the past two years, but he firmly refused to step down from his job even after nearly every councilor stood up to ask him to take a leave of absence.

The mayor made the confession under direct questioning by a councilor who has introduced a motion that would ask Ford to take a leave of absence and get help for his admitted drug use. Ford publicly admitted last week that he smoked crack cocaine last year in a "drunken stupor," but his comments Wednesday marked the first time he acknowledged having bought illegal drugs.
Ford paused for a long time after Councilor Denzil Minnan-Wong asked him if he had bought illicit narcotics in the past two years.
Then Ford replied, "Yes I have."
"I understand the embarrassment that I have caused. I am humiliated by it," Ford said.
But he then turned defiant, saying he was not an addict of any sort and rebuffed suggestions from council members that he should seek help. He insisted he is a "positive role model for kids who are down and out."

Later in the afternoon, Ford tried to introduce a motion calling for all City Council members to undergo drug and alcohol testing, which the council responded to with derisive laughter.
And not only does Ford have his big fat head planted firmly in the sand, but obviously his entire family is in denial. Last Thursday, Ford's mother and sister told a Toronto television station he would not resign.
"It isn't like it has affected his work," said Ford's sister, Kathy.
Asked whether she thought her brother was an alcoholic, she responded: "It depends on what you consider an alcoholic." How do you like that shit?!
Anyway, you can watch a really awesome music video about him here. Created by DJ Steve Porter, the minute-and-a-half-long video features mashed-up clips of Ford set to a really catchy tune. I highly recommend it! LMAO!!!

21 comments:

Santa Muerte said...

Is this guy any relation to your former newspaper boss who got caught up in the pay for sex scandel at the hotel room and like big pink nipples with print ink on them??
Sounds like it if you ask me.
Did he move to Toronto?

Santa Muerte said...

Big day here in downtown Ottawa.
They found a body in Geigers Court
and or Berta's alley in an Ruhland apartment building.
Meat wagon then 4 cop cars showed up like flies on shit. Yellow tape went up all over the place.
Once they figured ti was a heart attack the yellow tape came down as quick as it went up and the rest was up to Jody Bernard.
The guy's name was Pat Evinger, my age but he was a year behing at school. Got to know him good the summer we graduated HS as he and his brother had a old beat up house in Dayton which was pot heaven for us back then, no adults and every one was stoned to the bone wandering the streets of Dayton.
But we never made it to Toronto.........

Moonheartgirl said...

Nope, not unless Todd Keute (pronounced coy-tee) aka Coitus changed his name, renounced his U.S. citizenship and gained a lot of weight. LOL There is a slight facial resemblance though (not to mention the behavioral similarities) so maybe a second cousin? ;-)

Wow, that is pretty wild about the guy being found dead in the alley behind Berta's. I am sorry to hear it was someone you knew. Yes, Dayton was pot heaven for many what with the Thompson clan taking up residence out there later on and all.

Santa Muerte said...

Didn't know the Thompson's were in Dayton back then.
I don't know, I think that mayor and Coy-tee sure look a like!!!

Santa Muerte said...

Yesterday at 11:45am went to the basement as I was getting 65 mph
wind gust and it was raining horizionally and wind was howling and fang gets nervous when wind goes above 50+ mph. Fang is a good indicator that the weather is turning BAD, he even joined me in the basement.
Channel 2 was predicting bad weather/possible tornado was going to hit Streator at 11:50am
Sunday, so it only made sense to go underground. The thing that impressed me was the weatherman saying it was "moving at expressway speed" and we all know how Chicagoians drive on the expressway!!!!
I had my weather radio with me and I was in contact with Chick
Watkins at the WATW weather desk at all times!

Santa Muerte said...

I've got an old college buddy from Peoria who calls before every Bear Game. He called when I was in the basement, he lives in Florida now and was surprised to hear how bad it was. He later tried to call his sister in
Washington, IL. Couldn't get through.

Miss Evy said...

Pulled into my subdivision yesterday and there at the entrance was a coyote the size of a german shepherd, very healthy looking and not scared of me or my vehicle. This was at 1pm in the afternoon, no fear from
Mr Coyote. I do not like coyotes but I couldn't help it, he did look like a fine species and if he were a dog he'd be a magnificant looking dog.

Moonheartgirl said...

Not sure they were in Dayton "back then" either, Santa M. That's why I said "taking up residence out there later on."
Glad you and Fang survived the stormy weather. Yes, Washington was bad! MadameX lives not too far from there now, but she also survived unscathed.
I am glad you didn't try to run over Mr. Coyote, Evy. That seems odd that he was running around bold as brass in the middle of the day. Better keep your pussy in at night! ;-)

Miss Evy said...

I see Stan's altar-ego posted a note on the darkside
(erickleepurkhiser)
Stan must have been drinking as he posted that he went to
St Columbus School and was at Eickelkrauts watching the casket being unloaded off of Air Force One.
Boy does he have an imagination!!!
And by the way......you had to eat fish on every Friday???
SINCE WHEN??
I don't eat fish on Friday's, only during LENT.
He needs to get off the Hamms.

Miss Evy said...

Wayne Eicelkraut has a restaurant?????

Miss Evy said...

Next thing ya know he'll say the bartenders name was Otto.
bawhahahahahahaha!!!!
Stan is sooooo funny!
See you all at The Slipper tonight!
CHOW
XOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXXX

CHICK WATKINS said...

I was on the air that day.
Boy was the news room a busy place that day at WATW.

Santa Muerte said...

Fuck You All !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about you but I personally went to St. Columbus School and The Mouse did ROAR and had purple feet and LBJ did it and Otto had the TV on at Eichelkrauts that night and I tried the shrimp and bit into the tail and was fuck up for life, to this day I don't like shrimp and yes I saw the casket come out of the tail of Air Force One and they switched the casket and Lee Oswald crawled into my Zenith with Jack Ruby and BOY WAS THAT A FUCKIN' MESS!!!!
After that the vietman war started and everything was GREEN.
We flew in and the whole fucking country was green and it rained day and night and some group invaded Amerika and they had bugs and long hair.
I got a mind like a stell trap and I remember the whole bag o beans that night 50 years ago.
So don't question where I was that day because of that day I drink only Hamms and me and Sascha the bear are buddy buddy to this day. And thats why Texas don't have no land of sky blue waters and THATS A FACT!
happy friday

Santa Muerte said...

I personally was on the movie set with Oliver Stone, I thought Sharon was there but hung out with Oliver and helped write the script.
Did you know I told him to use Kevin for the part?

Moonheartgirl said...

This is why we can't have nice things. Can't you kids behave for a change? Don't make me come down there!

Santa Muerte said...

Yes Sister Mary Doorthia

Unknown said...

rofl I caught a ride in Air Force 1 to go party in Toronto. i was promised all this crack by a certain mayor but when I got there he laughed wickedly and bent over. Wow was that crack!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Evy said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!!!!
XOXOOXOXOOOOXOXOOXOXXOX !!!!!

Miss Evy said...

I had Sister Mildred, Sister Karen, Lelea, THANK GOODNESS I never had Mrs. Price !!!!!
YIKES!

Christopher Twelvetrees said...

This Ford bloke is a disgrace to Queen and country! Bad show!!

Anonymous said...

Ford was at the Buffalo Bills game and caught on camera feeding his fat face with wings!
Why?
Because like CATS it taste like CHICKEN!