Sunday, December 22, 2013
Have yourself a merry little Christmas!
Well, not only do I have Christmas Eve off, but the store is closed on Christmas Day and I have the 26th off, too. Woo-hooo!! I am so glad I will be able to spend Christmas at my friend's house after all. :-D
I am also thankful I don't have to go in to work today as we are supposed to get 5-8 more inches of snow and it looks like 1-2 inches fell overnight. The wind is howling out there as well, making my wind chimes rattle around like crazy.
I worked from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. yesterday and naturally the store was a madhouse because of the approaching holiday. There were tons of customers to wait on and I was proud of myself for figuring out a couple of things I had never had to deal with before all on my own. But that doesn't seem to matter to my boss, who accused me of deliberately disobeying her because I didn't get all of the meat cut on the cart in the walk-in fast enough.
She also told me in a most ominous tone that I MUST work more quickly and that I had done a poor job on the meat case because many of the trays were so low. (Never mind the fact that probably 50 customers had been buying meat that morning, depleting the supply I had just replenished.) It appears that she thinks I am lazy, when I can assure you, unlike almost everyone else who works in that dept., I am busting my ass every second I am there.
It's very disheartening (and somewhat puzzling) to be treated in this fashion and I am planning to bolt the first chance I get. I have applied for a really good full-time job with the local chamber of commerce, but learned Friday that I won't be hearing anything from them until after the holidays. So unless I get one of the other part-time gigs for which I have recently applied, I will have to suffer at the Nazi Soup Stand and Devil's Deli for a few more weeks. May God give me strength!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
9 above zero here in O-Town, wind chill tonight of -17 in the forecast, I can only imagine it up there!
So Hitler don't like it that you ain't cutting up the unholy pork
quick enough?!!!
Tell Ms. Hitler that if you fuck with me enough I just might flip out and do a John Wayne Gasey and you'll be sliced up with swiss on rye if ya don't shut your trap soon enough because I've had a really really hard day and if I cut myself one more time you'll have a workman's compensation case that will be from the 5th level OF HELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
(ouch! did I just throw out my back????) Well did I BITCH HITLER????
JAH
Und wood hewie like to be next?
.....now....wiggle your nose hairs back and forth along with your eye brows going up and down,
and smile on one side of your mouth......that will make Miss Hitler think twice about fucking with you when your near the meat slicer. Don't forget to druel a little when you stare her down.
Thats right kids, if you need help with your boss don't forget to call your ole uncle Stan and he'll get you that next raise that you so richly deserve.
ROFLMFAO!!!! Oh, Stan, how I loves ya! That was an awesome rant!! Yesterday I worked another noon to 6 shift from Hades as, despite the more than three feet of snow (yes, you read that right, we got about 40 inches of snow here in less than 24 hours thanks to that damned Gitche Gumee-effect!) that fell from Sunday to late Monday morning, the store was swamped with shoppers who did not want to cook supper last night. They came at us in waves demanding fried chicken, sliced deli meats and various salads. I was so tired when I finally made it home, I was in bed by 10 p.m.
And if had not been for our new landlord kindly giving me a ride to and from, I never would have made it in to work at all because there was no way my car would've gotten me there. He has a 4WD Jeep and still slid around a bit on the way there! The roads were somewhat better by the time he picked me up after work, but I am sure my car would have gotten hopelessly stuck in the stupid alley behind our house. I was so grateful for the lift and thanked him profusely for helping me out. He and his wife were supposed to go away for Christmas, but the snowstorm forced them to cancel their plans, which turned out to be a godsend for yours truly. :-)
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, Santa o' Death!!! ;-)
And happy holidays to Red Herring, Bryan B. from the U.P., Lynne and family in Rockford, my awesome sis-in-law Pam McBottom, and all of you regular readers of this blog out there in cyberspace!!
Twas the night before Xmas and all through the house, Stanley was on the couch and he was really passed out.
Cans of Hamms they littered the floor, all because he was thirsty and wanted some more.
The candles were smoking and the tree was hot, better hope the OFD has water and doesn't run out.
In Ashland the deli was closed for a while, 10 feet of snow and it was all in a pile. In Lacon the hillbillies were all in their beds, with their cousins and sisters who were giving them head.
At The Lodge it was quiet on a night that was clear, Robin and Pepper were no where near.
Back at Stanley's he's fallen out of bed, he didn't fall & landed on his head.
As he rushed to his window he could be heard thru the land,
fuck you and HUMBUG and this is THE END.
Merry Christmas to all and too all a Gut Knight.
it was to read.......
he's fallen out of bed, he didn't fall far & landed on his head.
DAMN PROOF READERS!
I hear six of Santa's elves disappeared in the Ottawa area. Authorities have little to go (pun, get it?).
However, a partial phone number with "Evy" and "Masonic Ha..." written on it was found in the back of the sleigh.
I think Ms. Supervisor needs to be reminded that you never had anyone as quick or customer minded as yourself wait on you when you were the customer. That perhaps the problem is not employee but low level management?
Ed Whitney died yesterday.
RIP Ed Edd & Eddie.
It takes 6 elves to make Ms Evy
a happy girl during the holidays!!!
Happy New Year to one and y'all.
How are things at The Nazi Soup & Deli?
Next time you walk into work do The Goose Step.
Ole Uncle Stan has to do a few things too close up the books for 2013, so until next time I hope you have a happy year end and a healthy and happy new year.
Hopefully you won't be a Juden under the Soup Nazi for much longer.
HEIL Moongirl!
I strongly recommend you have a t-shirt made for work that sez:
"Arbeit Macht Frei"
This is Stan White signing off until next year.
Post a Comment