
GbV Pictionary
Near the top of a long list of inspired and hilarious things my fellow Guided by Voices fanatics and I have done is to get wasted while chatting online using the Yahoo Doodle IMVironment. My friend TheYoungFlyer and I have had an absolute blast drawing pictures evoking the Dayton, Ohio band's extremely creative song titles, like Blimps Go 90, Hardcore UFOs, or Cutout Witch, for the other person to guess.
The above primitive artwork was the result of one such crazy session. It shows our rendering of GbV's final concert which took place on Dec. 31, 2004, at the Metro in Chicago. That's lead guitarist Doug Gillard wearing the fancy hat, Kevin March on drums, and lead singer Robert Pollard is the one falling into the "piss bucket." If you were there, you know this is not really that far from the truth. LOL
TheYoungFlyer had actually printed out some of our best drawings at the time we made them over 2 years ago and she recently came across them while cleaning out her computer desk. I had forgotten all about them, so when she scanned and e-mailed them to me, I about busted a gut laughing. Maybe you had to be there, but I think this shit's funny and worthy of a blog entry.
So remember, you heard about it here first, all you good kids. Try GbV Pictionary at home! All you need is a computer w/Internet access, the Yahoo IM program, 6-10 rum and cokes, and a good friend and fellow GbV nut to share the madness.
Long live Rockathon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment