
Take a good look, folks, because this historic structure is rapidly deteriorating and has been deemed a safety hazard. It's been slated for demolition for several years now and someday they probably will tear it down. Or blow it up! LOL Unfortunately, with all of that concrete and steel, dynamite could be the easiest way to accomplish that sad end.

To quote Warren Nelson's "Ore Dock Pockets" song from
30th Star, an ore boat "comes easing on into its landing."

Here's a cool old photo of the ore dock from 1930.
3 comments:
Never match wits with Lonnie.
You must have missed the Leland
piece, that was to die 4 !!!!
I missed the Peru article.
Well, I wasn't exactly trying to "match wits" with him. LOL I really didn't know they featured a different hometown every Saturday and thought it odd that every story seemed to be about Peru. Yep, I missed the Leland piece. Riveting, no doubt! ;-)
I like your oredock roundup. I have an affinity for creepy old structures and was immediately drawn to the oredock when I moved to Ashland; I was really sad when they discovered it was an imminent safety hazard and put fence up all around it. Now you can't go walk under it any more, look up and feel the history the hard-working sailors and ladies of the night who used to cruise beneath its beams.
Post a Comment