
I published the above Associated Press photo in Tuesday's paper with the boldfaced slug I used as the title of this post. LOL I ran it by one of the sports guys (code name: G Money aka Slick) first and he saw no problem with it. I was quick to point out that the article referred to Blago's self-imploding behavior as a "media circus" and that it mentioned him as craving attention and adulation, so I figured I was on pretty solid ground. My boss (nor anyone else, for that matter) never said a word when I got to work today, so I guess I got away with my little jump page jab at my home state's highest (actually, if that were literally true, it would explain a lot) elected official. ;-)
When I saw the interview where Blago basically compared himself with Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr., I said to myself just wait until Jon Stewart gets a hold of this. And boy, was I right! On Monday night's Daily Show, Jon led with that very same clip. Yikes! Also, I must admit a certain amount of glee when I read that Mrs. Blago had lost her cushy, six-figure job. My reaction, particularly in light of the current economic crisis: BOO-FUCKING-HOO! LMAO!!!!!
I need to write an opus about my own much less than six-figure job, so I pledge to do that very soon. As crazy, frustrating and challenging as my position is, I am ever grateful to have landed this job when I did. And extremely thankful to even have a full-time job with benefits at this particularly horrific time in our nation's employment history. Every day seems to bring a fresh tale of massive layoffs and cutbacks.
Let me take this opportunity to say I sincerely hope that Madame X is doing OK at her new job (wherever that may truly be) and that each of us manages to survive this current economic downturn. Ah hell, I sincerely hope that all of you get past this fucking shitty epoch and reach a place of peace and tranquility (whatever that may mean to you individually).
In the meantime, I raise my brimming glass to the next governor of the Land of Lincoln. May he or she bring nothing but honesty and integrity to the job.
PS. I'm sorry, but Roland Burris has absolutely no sense of integrity. Whatever looks good chiseled on that mausoleum, eh, buddy?
PPS. I'm now up to more than 4,500 hits and I just wanted to thank my regular readers for keeping the faith. I certainly don't post as much as I would like (or need) to, but you must admit, it's never been a boring journey, ;-)
10 comments:
Paul McCartney on Colbert tonight.
Not on him, but on his show.
You know what I mean........
Don't you?
I AM glad the therapy is working.
Ja?
LOL V, right back at ya. So glad you are settled and secure in your career choice. (see I told you change was good) I faired throu the market crunch, was probably a good thing it made me sit up and pay better attention. I tend to trust too much, hmmm. New year resolution, "pay attention, just don't pay" lol..ck?
We have a new movie in production
if you have time to stop by.
And by the way, lay off those shots of "red headed sluts"!
Thanks Vic for the well wishes. I hope we all make it threw this mess. I worry so much for my children and grandbabies. They will be the one that will have to pay for this mess were in. This will take years to turn around if ever. I am glad you took that job. Your very lucky you did it when you did.
Ding dong Blago's gone!
Dr. Nicholas Tabor-he was doing the listening, one of the Conness boys was doing the talking.
OMG!
They are old!
So that means.....BLEW?
NOOOOOOO!!!!
Nice try Stan, your just as old lol...
Don't try it Blew.
You probably thought Bruce Springsteen was rocking last night?!?!
Bruce Springstein is older then dirt> He sucked in the 80's and he still sucks.. He should have been bitched slapped off of the stage!!!
So!
I can see why you don't like Bruce.
Your antisemitism is becoming quite
clear Ms. Blew.
Bruce Springstein??
Blew hassen judens???
Post a Comment